Sunday, November 8, 2009

If you let the past dictate your present then you single handedly FUCK your future

I had a friend who was fun open minded smart and cool but after 6 short months of friendship I dumped her or she dumped me but I caused it. Why would I dump such a cool person? 4 words...she was a downer!...

********Insensitivity Disclaimer***************
When my friend was a young girl she was molested by a relative,tragic I know, and I had no problem listening to her sob story but after weeks and weeks of the same old story I grew weary. She blamed her 250pds on him, she blamed her innability to do well in school on him, she blamed him when she stayed home night after night feeling sorry for herself and stuffing her face. Everything that went wrong in her life was his fault. I eventually told her she needed to get over it and she "dumped me" which was fine by me.

I wasn't marginalizing her feelings when I uttered these words I was just trying to get her to see that 12years later the person she blamed for her distress was dead and buried and she was still letting him win. She was letting him dictate her future.

It boggles my mind to see people let past relationships,experiences, moments,events affect how they live. People are walking around avoiding life and love because of something or someone in the past. What makes me laugh is that the people and experiences that hurt you/us are long gone, married, having kids experiecing joy LIVING their lives and some of us remain stagnant because of them. We are blinded to new joys,realities,relationships and opportunities.

When you let fear dictate how much you love, live or do then you've let the past win, you let the antagonist antagonize you forever.

People with baggage eventually drown if they don't let go. They drown in fat, booze, drugs, sadness and despair.The sad thing is that some of these amazingly beautiful and talented people drown alone they never let anyone in, they become empty shells. When you attach yourself to someone with baggage its best to detach and let them fix themselves for fear of being dragged down with them.

Smart people learn from their mistakes, Wise people learn from other peoples mistakes. I choose to learn from this friend and "DANCE".I wont live in fear of getting hurt, rejected, of failing,
I will still give 110 percent to love life and happiness, I will still dream and hope, I refuse to grow old and synical, I refuse to let a couple of bad seeds, bad decisions, bad relationships, or tragedies keep me from loving and living.I choose to learn from them instead. Life is not about playing it safe. GO BIG OR GO HOME!

If Martin Luther King, Harvey Milk and JFK would have been afraid of assasination then where would we be?
If Romeo would have stayed away from Juliet from fear of her family then what?
If Oprah had stayed away from the camera for fear of being ridiculed about her weight she'd still be somewhere in Georgia sellin chitlins!

When you dream big you get big :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why my comments are not showing up. Anyway will try one last time. I totally agree with u Mariela! People with baggage try to drain you emotionally and mentally and try and drag you into sadness and depression.

    ReplyDelete