Friday, November 27, 2009

Love For Sale

The past three days I've watched a LOT O TV, (not really proud o this but sometimes you just need to veg) and movies and a prominent theme prevails,LOVE. From Sex and the City to 2012 to the Santa Clause. Every single movie, special or sitcom is centered around the power of love. Not just ordinary love, it's mountain moving, life changing, can't live without you love and after watching your like "what the heck?" how come that shit never happens to me. It always seems to happen for other people, but what about me? Where's my prince? Where's my poor black kid from the projects? Where's my Mr. Big?

All I seem to be surrounded by is exes with new GF's who want to take ME away for a romantic wknd(I said no!)? disgruntled supervisors, macho men, narrow minded men, emotionally unavailable men, married men(Again NO!), short buses and a little brother who couldn't wait to see me so that I could give him $60 bux for some video game crap. Is my movie Love hiding or does it simply just not exist? Did the movie industry invent it to make money? Are we all just waiting to be swept off our feet in vain?....

I hope not, I hope it exists, Im gonna be patient and hold out for it. I have been lucky enough to catch a rare glimpse of this elusive power. My parents, some close friends and others have been smart,privliged and lucky enough to have been bestowed. I hope I'm worthy. I know iv'e broken my share of hearts but ive learned,, Ive been better I thnk I've had my share of losers too and know that karmicaly my debts should be paid. Now it's all about being patient and loving myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment