Monday, August 30, 2010

Bestest Besties...Diary of a BFF whore:)



My sisters best friend once said, "If Jeannette ever murders anyone I will be scolding her and telling her how wrong she was as Im driving her to the border to freedom"

Now that is a best friend!...Someone who can tell you, that you are wrong while still encouraging you and supporting you. I recently had someone claim to be my best friend in one sentence and in the other do everything in their power to hurt my feelings. I put up with this for a couple of months in an effort to be a forgiving and understanding bestie.

The day finally came when this person hit so low that I could forgive but not forget. When someone hurts you intentionally there is nothing they could ever say to erase the putrid feeling that they caused in the moment they spewed their vicious words.

I feel sorry for people who spew hate in moments of anger and expect others to forgive them just as quickly. Its like someone famous once said, "people will forget what you said but they will never forget how you made them feel." That is the key. Whether you meant what you said or not, whether you were sorry or not, the imprint of your words does not fade as fast as your anger.

I hope that by witholding my friendship towards this person they learn to treat those they love with more respect. Choose their words wisely and think twice before they decide to be hurtful. I hope in the end what I did benefits my once bestie for the better even if she continues to spread lies out of anger it doesn't bother me.

The good news is, that like beyonce says "for every person that hates me there are 100 more that love me and I love them"...My experience with the defective bestie made me appreciate those men and women who do deserve the title of bestie, who have earned my love and respect and who I try to tell everyday!

To All my Besties with LOVE!...I may not tell you everyday but I carry all of you in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment